Friday 6 June 2008

Initial response to submitted questions

The initial response from Cllr. Whitehead was:


Thank you for your email.

I regret that I am unable to answer questions from unidentified sources so please provide details of your name and address so that I can deal with this matter.

Councillor Roy Whitehead


To which the following reply was sent:

Cllr. Whitehead,

The address - riversideaction@charbro.co.uk is
simply a distribution group, set up to save me the effort of forwarding on your
reply to the evergrowing group of people who have expressed an interest in this
issue.

I am quite happy for you to reply directly to me at this
address at which point I will forward your replies onto those members of
the distribution group.

Regards

Richard Brotherton

This explaination was obvoiously not enough:

Dear Mr. Brotherton,

Thank you for your further email. If you refer to my earlier note I did request your address, not your email address. At all public question times at the Borough we always ask for this so that we can ensure that we are dealing with questions from our residents, rather than interest groups, for example, as we have to commit officer time to answering technical queries. This can be expensive and we have a duty to ensure that funds are spent on council tax payers within the borough.

I trust that this will not be a problem. All residents should just have received
a copy of Borough Life which has an article on page 4 explaining the current
situation on Riverside

However much information is already in the public domain and I would refer you to our
website.

http://www.chelmsford.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=11266

As to the technical question you have asked, I would refer you to our
website http://www.chelmsford.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=9942

Both of these have extensive technical details.

On the other points raised in your email I await the further details from you mentioned above.

Councillor Roy Whitehead
Leader
Chelmsford Borough
Council



To which the reply:

Dear Cllr. Whitehead,

For the record, my address is:
[..Address removed..]

Thank you for the information links that you included. I am not sure how relevant some of the material on your web site will be in relation to the questions, as for instance, in the evidence base info for the AAP, the section on housing (PPG3), which may have been pertinent is marked as 'Cancelled'. There is also no mention of the RS14 nor any obvious information on similar projections.

I would prefer direct answers containing relevant information relating to the questions asked, rather than general 'look at this section of the website' type answers. If the information does exist on the site, then a link directly to the element that is pertinent to the enquiry would suffice.

As regards the article in the Borough Life, and the item in the SWF newsletter, I feel that both have more of a political than informative purpose. I personally, and the people to whom I will forward the answers received are not concerned with the
politics, but rather in ensuring that the decisions made 'in our name' are open
to scrutiny and based on fact rather that whimsy.

As the whole process has now been moved into cabinet and away from the public gaze, it is only by asking questions directly, that the process can be observed.

Thank you

Richard Brotherton

I await further correspondence.


The image below is a scan of the SWF News article

No comments: